PSL Replacement Draft 2019 Date & Time – January 24, 2019
The fourth edition of the Pakistan Super League is set to be a grand affair with many more foreign cricketers showing their interest in the league including the South African great AB de Villiers. The PSL Draft this year was held in Islamabad on November 20, 2018 from 1:30 PM Pakistan time (PKT).
Now, the PCB have announced that the PSL Replacement Draft will be held on January 24, 2019. This will be hosted at the Gaddfi Stadium in Lahore.
Teams will be allowed to pick up a 21st player in their line-up, but only local players will be allowed to feature in the Draft.
The Retention and Trading window for the 2018 Pakistan Super League opened on September 29 and teams were given an option of retaining up to 10 players in the team. Teams were also now allowed to sign up new players directly. All new players must enter the players draft to get picked. Players who were picked up last season have had their categories updated if needed.
The draft will allow teams to pick up players in a pre-decided order which will be decided on the basis of the previous year’s rankings. The exact order of picking players is yet to be decided and will be revealed soon. However, what was also decided was that the fifth season will see this order being random. Pakistan Super League draft results and live stream will be placed below.
PSL Draft 2019 Results
|Teams||PSL 2019 Draft Picks|
|Islamabad United||Islamabad players picked in draft: Ian Bell, Samit Patel, Phil Salt, Cameron Delport, Mohammad Musa, Nasir Nawaz|
|Supplementary Picks: Wayne Parnell, Zahir Khan, Amad Butt, Rizwan Hussain|
|Karachi Kings||Karachi players picked in draft: Sikandar Raza, Awais Zia, Usama Mir, Aaron Summers, Sohail Khan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Ali Imran, Abrar Ahmed|
|Supplementary Picks: Aamir Yamin, Ben Dunk, Liam Livingstone, Jaahid Ali|
|Peshawar Zalmi||Peshawar players picked in draft: Kieron Pollard, Misbah-ul-Haq, Dawid Malan, Umar Amin, Wayne Madsen, Sohaib Maqsood, Jamal Anwar, Nabi Gul|
|Supplementary Picks: Waqar Salamkheil, Chris Jordan, Ibtisam Sheikh, Samiullah|
|Quetta Gladiators||Quetta players picked in draft: Dwayne Bravo, Fawad Ahmed, Mohammad Asghar, Danish Aziz, Ahsan Ali, Ghulam Mudassar, Naseem Shah|
|Supplementary Picks: Harry Gurney, Ahmed Shehzad, Azam Khan, Jalat Khan|
|Lahore Qalandars||Lahore players picked in draft: AB de Villiers, Mohammad Hafeez, Carlos Brathwaite, Corey Anderson, Sandeep Lamichanne, Haris Sohail, Mohammad Imran, Umair Masood|
|Supplementary Picks: Brendan Taylor, Gauhar Ali, Aizaz Cheema, Harris Rauf|
|The Sixth Team||The Sixth Team players picked in draft: Steven Smith, Shahid Afridi, Joe Denly, Qais Ahmed, Nicholas Pooran, Lauri Evans, Nauman Ali, Mohammad Ilyas|
|Supplementary Picks: Daniel Christian, Tom Moores, Ali Shafiq, Shakeel Ansar|
You can find the complete PSL Squads for the 2019 edition here.
Some PSL Draft Details:
- Trading window began on September 29, 2018.
- PSL Draft to be held on November 20, 2018.
- Up to 10 players can be retained before Draft.
- PSL squads of 16 players each.
- Three Platinum, three Diamond, three Gold, five Silver & two Emerging players.
- Draft picks will be based on last season’s rankings.
This year will be no different though and Geo Super TV channel is set to broadcast the PSL draft live on the aforementioned date. The HBL Pakistan Super League player draft will be broadcast online on YouTube. PSL Draft results will be placed below.
PSL Draft 2019 Players List
Notable New players expected to play in PSL 4
- AB de Villiers (South Africa)
- Steven Smith, Daniel Christian, Ben Cutting (Australia)
- Corey Anderson (New Zealand)
- Craig Overton, Mark Wood (England)
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman (Afghanistan)
- Solomon Mire (Zimbabwe)
- Paul Stirling (Ireland)
- Kemar Roach, Shimron Hetmyer (West Indies)
Some of the retained players before the PSL 4 draft include Luke Ronchi, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Sahbizada Farhan, Colin Munro, Mohammad Amir, Babar Azam, Colin Ingram, Imad Wasim, Usman Shinwari, Fakhar Zaman, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Wahab Riaz, Hasan Ali, Darren Sammy, Kamran Akmal, Sarfraz Ahmed, Sunil Narine, Shane Watson, Rilee Rossouw, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Junaid Khan and Mohammad Abbas.
Some of the top players who will feature in the PSL draft include AB de Villiers, Steven Smith, Alex Hales, Ben Cutting, Carlos Brathwaite, Daniel Christian, Dwayne Smith, Ian Bell, Joe Denly, Kemar Roach, Lasith Malinga, Lendl Simmons and Luke Wright from overseas, and Ahmad Shahzad, Aizaz Cheema, Anwar Ali, Shahid Afridi, Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali, Bilawal Bhatti, Fawad Alam, Harris Sohail, Hussain Talat, Imam ul Haq and Imran Farhat from Pakistan. Interestingly, Misbah-ul-Haq, who had earlier decided not to play in the PSL, has now said he will be a part of the PSL Draft as well.
As far as the overseas cricketers are concerned, AB de Villiers will draw a lot of demand from the franchises, but there’s also Steven Smith, the former Aussie captain who is serving his ban at the moment, along with Chris Lynn, Brendon McCullum, who was released by Lahore, Colin Munro and last season’s top run-getter Luke Ronchi.
In the Diamond Category, Ian Bell, Craig Overton, Joe Denly and Lasith Malinga will all be a part among others, while Michael Klinger, Sikandar Raza, John Hastings, Liam Dawson, Samit Patel among some others form a part of the Gold Overseas category. The exact Draft players list can be found below.
PSL 4 Draft Players List
- Platinum Category Pakistan Players: Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Aamir, Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Irfan, Mohammad Hafeez, Kamran Akmal, Wahab Riaz, Hassan Ali and Sarfraz Ahmed
- Platinum Category Overseas Players: AB de Villiers, Steve Smith, Brendon McCullum, Chris Lynn, Colin Ingram, Colin Munro, Corey Anderson, Dwayne Bravo, Imran Tahir, Kieron Pollard, Luke Ronchi, Mitchell McClenaghan, Rashid Khan, Sunil Narine, Thisara Perera
- Diamond Category Overseas Players: Alex Hales, Ben Cutting, Carlos Brathwaite, Craig Overton, Daniel Christian, Darren Bravo, Darren Sammy, Dwayne Smith,Ian Bell, Joe Denly, Kemar Roach, Lasith Malinga, Lendl Simmons, Luke Wright, Mark Wood, Mohammad Nabi, Mujeeb Ur Rehman, Paul Stirling, Rilee Rossouw, Rovman Powell, Sam Billings, Samuel Badree, Shimron Hetmeyer, Solomon Mire, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Tim Bresnan, Tymal Mills, Wayne Parnell
- Diamond Category Local Players: Asif Ali, Imad Wasim, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Nawaz,Mohammad Sami, Rumman Raees, Sohail Tanvir, Usman Shinwari, Yasir Shah
- Gold Category Overseas Players: Adam Lyth, Akila Dananjaya, Ali Khan, Alzarri Joseph, Andre Fletcher, Andre Mccarthy, Anton Devcich, Ariful Haole, Asghar Afghan, Ben Dunk, Ben Laughlin, Benny Howell, Brendan Taylor, Cameron Delport, Chadwick Walton, Chris Green, Dais Ahmad, Danny Briggs, David Wiese, Dawid Malan, D Bell-Drummond, Denesh Ramdin, Devendra Bishoo, Fawad Ahmed, George Dockrell, Graeme Cremer, Hardus Viljoen, Harry Gurney, Irfan Karim, Jack Brooks, Jade Dernbach, Jake Ball, James Franklin, James Vince, Jamie Overton, Jamie Porter, Jerome Taylor, John Hastings, Johnson Charles, Jordan Clark, Keemo Paul, Kevin O’Brien, Khary Pierre, Krishmar Santokie, Kyle Abbott, Lakshan Sandakan, Lewis Gregory, Liam Dawson, Marchant De Lange, Marlon Samuels, Matt Parkinson,Michael Klinger, Miguel Cummins, Mohammad Shahzad, Morne Van Wyk, Nicholas Pooran, Niroshan Dickwella, Obed Mccoy, Ollie Robinson, Olly Stone, Oshane Thomas, Phil Mustard, Phil Salt, Ravi Bopara, Rizwan Cheema, Ronsford Beaton, Ross Whiteley, Ryan Ten Doeschate, Sabbir Rahaman, Sam Hain, Samit Patel, Sandeep Lamichhane, Sean Williams, Shane Dowrich, Steven Finn, Sundar Raza, Tatenda Taibu, Upul Tharanga, Veerasammy Permaul, Wayne Madsen, Zakir Hassan
- Gold Category Local Players: Aamir Yamin, Abdul Rallaq, Ahmad Shahzad, Aizaz Cheema, Anwar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali, Bilal Asif, Bilawal Bhatti, Ehsan Adil, Fawad Alam, Harris Sohail,Hussain Talat, Imam Ul Haq, Imran Farhat, Imran Khan Sr, Khurram Manzoor, Mohammad Asghar, Mohammad Rizwan, Mukhtar Ahmed, Rahat Ali, Salman Butt, Sami Aslam, Shaheen Afridi, Shan Masood, Sohaib Maqsood, Sohail Khan, Umar Akmal, Umar Amin, Umer Gul, Zulfiqar Babar
- Silver Category Overseas Players (List 1, LIst 2)
- Silver Category Local Players
- Emerging Players
PSL Squads Before the Draft (Players Retained before Draft)
- Platinum: Luke Ronchi, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf
- Diamond: Asif Ali, Mohammad Sami
- Gold: Rumman Raees
- Silver: Hussain Talat, Waqas Maqsood, Sahbizada Farhan, Zafar Gohar
- Platinum: Colin Munro, Mohammad Amir, Babar Azam
- Diamond: Colin Ingram, Imad Wasim, Usman Shinwari
- Gold: Mohammad Rizwan, Ravi Bopara
- Platinum: Fakhar Zaman
- Diamond: Yasir Shah
- Gold: Shaheen Shah Afridi, Anton Devcich, Rahat Ali
- Silver: Agha Salman, Sohail Akhtar, Hassan Khan
- Platinum: Wahab Riaz, Hasan Ali
- Diamond: Darren Sammy, Kamran Akmal
- Gold: Liam Dawson
- Silver: Umaid Asif, Khalid Usman
- Emerging: Sameen Gul
- Platinum: Sarfraz Ahmed, Sunil Narine
- Diamond: Shane Watson (Mentor), Sohail Tanvir, Mohammad Nawaz
- Gold: Rilee Rossouw, Umar Akmal
- Silver: Anwar Ali, Saud Shakil
The Sixth Team (formerly known as Multan Sultans)
- Platinum: Shoaib Malik
- Diamond: Junaid Khan, Mohammad Irfan
- Gold: Shan Masood
- Silver: Mohammad Abbas, M. Irfan Khan, Umar Siddiq
- Emerging: Mohammad Junaid
Rounds in the PSL Draft
First round: Platinum Players
Second Round: Diamond Players
Third Round: Gold Players.
Fourth & Fifth Rounds: Silver Players
Sixth & Seven Rounds: Emerging Players
Next Four Rounds: Supplementary Players
Team Purse for PSL Draft
Total purse of USD 1.2 million for each team to pick a maximum of 20 players in the squad.
Platinum category players will earn anywhere between $140,000 and $200,000 while Diamond category players have a minimum price of $70,000 attached with them. Gold category players will be signed up for a minimum of $50,000.
The Silver category players have a minimum cap of $22,000 whereas the emerging category players could get at least $10,000.
What do you think of this new PSL Draft? And who do you think will be retained by their teams and which players will be released? Let us know in the comments below.