We are in the 12th edition of the Indian Premier League and this could be one of the most followed tournament in the history of IPL after the mega-auction that has injected some of the biggest talent in the competition.
For now what we know is that the IPL Auction will be held in December 2019. And all the latest IPL Squads for this 12th edition of the tournament will be found below.
IPL 2019 Players List
Here’re the latest IPL Squads for the 2019 edition of the competition:
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS: Ambati Rayudu, Chaitanya Bishnoi, David Willey, Deepak Chahar, Dhruv Shorey, Dwayne Bravo, Faf du Plessis, Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir, Karn Sharma, Kedar Jadhav, KM Asif, Lungi Ngidi, Mitchell Santner, Monu Kumar,MS Dhoni, M Vijay, N Jagadeesan, Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Billings, Shane Watson, Shardul Thakur, Suresh Raina
DELHI DAREDEVILS: Amit Mishra, Avesh Khan, Chris Morris, Colin Munro, Harshal Patel, Jayant Yadav, Kagiso Rabada, Manjot Kalra, Prithvi Shaw, Rahul Tewatia, Rishabh Pant, Sandeep Lamichhane, Shreyas Iyer, Trent Boult
KINGS XI PUNJAB: Andrew Tye, Ankit Rajpoot, Chris Gayle, David Miller, Karun Nair,Lokesh Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Ravichandran Ashwin
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS: Dinesh Karthik (captain), Andre Russell, Chris Lynn, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Kuldeep Yadav, Nitish Rana, Piyush Chawla, Prasidh Krishna, Rinku Singh, Robin Uthappa, Shivam Mavi, Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine
MUMBAI INDIANS: Quinton de Kock, Adam Milne, Aditya Tare, Anukul Roy, Ben Cutting, Evin Lewis, Hardik Pandya, Ishan Kishan, Jason Behrendorff, Jasprit Bumrah, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Mayank Markande, Mitchell McClenaghan, Quinton de Kock, Rahul Chahar,Rohit Sharma (C), Siddhesh Lad, Suryakumar Yadav
RAJASTHAN ROYALS: Ajinkya Rahane, Aryaman Birla, Ben Stokes, Dhawal Kulkarni, Ish Sodhi, Jofra Archer, Jos Buttler, Krishnappa Gowtham, Mahipal Lomror., Prashant Chopra, Rahul Tripathi, S. Midhun, Sanju Samson, Shreyas Gopal, Steve Smith, Stuart Binny
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE: Virat Kohli (c), AB de Villiers, Colin de Grandhomme, Kulwant Khejroliya, Moeen Ali,Mohammed Siraj, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Navdeep Saini, Parthiv Patel, Pawan Negi, Tim Southee, Umesh Yadav, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal
SUNRISERS HYDERABAD: Basil Thampi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Billy Stanlake, David Warner, Deepak Hooda, Kane Williamson, Khaleel Ahmed, Manish Pandey, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Ricky Bhui, Sandeep Sharma, Shakib Al Hasan, Shreevats Goswami (wk), Siddarth Kaul, T Natarajan, Yusuf Pathan, Abhishek Sharma, Vijay Shankar, Shahbaz Nadeem
What Happened in IPL 2018:
The auction proved to be a grand success and some of the top T20 cricketers were selected by the IPL teams and their franchises through it. There have been talks that the IPL might look to change things around with respect to the auction and bring in a Draft system like some of the other T20 Leagues in the world but for now, it’s the auction that will take centre-stage.
The defending champions Mumbai Indians will continue to be led by Rohit Sharma while the Delhi Daredevils have a new skipper in Gautam Gambhir who will captain the side. Dinesh Karthik has been appointed the captain of Kolkata Knight Riders while R Ashwin will skipper the Kings XI Punjab team.
Having missed out in the previous two seasons, the Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals return to the fold and will be captained by MS Dhoni and Steven Smith whereas David Warner leads the Sunrisers Hyderabad and Virat Kohli will be Royal Challengers Bangalore’s captain.
Some of the key players in each of the IPL squads include the following.
The Mumbai Indians have Hardik Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah and Keiron Pollard amongst them, while Virat Kohli’s Bangalore will rely on AB de Villiers, Brendon McCullum and Yuzvendra Chahal, to help them out.
Kolkata Knight Riders’ new skipper Karthik knows he has a task on his hand despite the presence of Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Mitch Starc, Chris Lynn, Robin Uthappa and Kuldeep Yadav while Ashwin will look at Axar Patel, Yuvraj Singh, KL Rahul, David Miller and Aaron Finch for his Kings XI Punjab.
There will be the presence of a host of seam bowling options for Warner at the Sunrisers Hyderabad that includes Bhuvneshwar Kumar, and he will be supported in the batting department by Shikhar Dhawan and Manish Pandey. Delhi Daredevils has many youngsters like Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant with the likes of Chris Morris, Glenn Maxwell and Jason Roy to support them.
Chennai Super Kings have brought in Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and Harbhajan Singh along with Dwayne Bravo and Shane Watson while Rajasthan Royals’ team includes Ben Stokes, Ajinkya Rahane, Sanju Samson and Jos Buttler among others.
This was after the IPL Governing Council met in December 2017 took the following decisions for the IPL Auction:
- Teams will be allowed to retain five players apiece.
- They will be given two options to do that – pre-auction retention and right-to-match cards.
- Teams can retain up to three players using both those options. Maximum of five players obviously.
- Maximum of 3 capped Indian players, 2 overseas players and 2 uncapped Indian players can be retained.
- Chennai Super Kings & Rajasthan Royals return to the IPL. Both will be allowed to start off with five players as well.
- However, CSK and RR would be allowed to retain players who were a part of their squads before they were suspended & those who were picked up by Rising Pune Supergiant & Gujarat Lions.
- Players who were a part of the RPS and GL sides but didn’t play for CSK or RR earlier, will go into the auction
- Teams will have a maximum purse of Rs.80 crore (Rs.800 million). This will be increased to Rs.82 crore for the 2019 edition and Rs.85 crore for 2020.
- If a team retains one player, they will lose Rs.12.5 crore. If they retain two, they will lose Rs.21 crore while for three players they would lose Rs.33 crore.
- For an uncapped player, teams will lose Rs.3 crore only.
- Teams will need to select a minimum of 18 players and a maximum of 25 in their squads. Not more than eight overseas players can be selected.
- -Base price for the uncapped players will be Rs.20 lakh, Rs.30 lakh and Rs.40 lakh, while the base price for capped players is Rs.50 lakh, Rs.75 lakh, Rs 1, 1.5 and 2 crore.